Filipino Pork Tocino Recipe
Are you quite familiar with ToSiLog (Tocino, Sinangag, Itlog)? Yes it is! One of the favorite meals by filipinos. Are you curious how Tocino is prepared? You should see the pork tocino recipe and cooking instructions below.
Pork Tocino Ingredients:
- 1 Kilo Pork loin Butt or fillet or Pork, removed the bone and sliced into 1/4 inch thick
- 175 grams brown sugar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp of Red Food Coloring (substitute to Saltpeter)
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
Kitchen Utensils We Need:
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- weighing scale
- chopping board
Pork Tocino Preparation and Cooking Instructions:
- Combine all the ingredients in a shallow pan except for the pork.
- Press the mixture onto both sides of the pork meat and make sure that it is distributed evenly.
- Pile the pork inside a container with a cover and keep refrigerated for about 3 days to cure the pork.
- To cook, just put a little water in a skillet and add the pork and fry it until done.
Want more recipe? Check our complete filipino dish recipes list.