Filipino Ginataang Labong Recipe
Have you tried eating ginataang labong (bamboo shoots with coconut milk)? Do you knew that it’s one of the most typical dish which can be seen on filipino table during lunch or dinners? Yes, it is. If you’re looking for ginataang labong recipe, scroll below and also see the cooking instructions.
Ginataang Labong Ingredients:
- 1/4 kilo crablets, washed and thoroughly cleaned
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup saluyot leaves
- 4 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 thumb sized ginger, crushed
- 1 stalk lemon grass, discard the top part
- 1 cup bamboo shoots, cut into thin strips
- 2 stalks of green onions sliced small
- 1 pc Bird’s eye chili, sliced (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Ginataang Labong Cooking Instructions:
- Saute garlic, ginger, garlic and lemon grass then add the bamboo shoots cook until tender.
- Add the crablets and coconut milk. Bring to a boil
- Season to taste and add the Saluyot leaves and Bird’s eye chili if desired.
- Discard the lemon grass. You can garnish it with green onions leaves and basil if needed.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
Want more recipe? Check our complete filipino dish recipes list.