Filipino Tortang Talong Recipe
One of my favorite filipino dish is tortang talong (eggplant). And I’m sure you also love it on your plate during breakfast, lunch or dinner time. Looking for tortang talong recipe? See it below.
Tortang Talong Ingredients:
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion ( sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium potato (cubed)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 eggplants
- cooking oil
Tortang Talong Cooking Instructions:
- Saute the garlic & onion in cooking oil.
- Add the ground pork. Cook until the meat turns light brown.
- Add the fish sauce (patis) and potatoes. Cook until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Broil eggplants until tender (the skins are charred and blister appears).
- Once cool, peel off the skins of the eggplant and retain its crown and stem. Gently flatten its meat with a fork.
- Add the beaten egg to the flattened eggplant.
- Add the meat on top. Make sure it’s compact and flattened into the eggplant.
- Heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a pan.
- Gently transfer the eggplant with meat into the pan.
- Fry on medium heat. Flip the eggplant after 2-3 minutes. Cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Want more recipe? Check our complete filipino dish recipes list.